Blog Sweepstakes Idea - If You Could Have Any Car What Would you Choose?

(Image from http://www.autabuy.com/Photos/528895_2666412941669_Original.jpg) 

This idea came courtesy of Tawnie (or was it her husband?)

This is a tough one for me because I don't really care about cars. If its reliable and I don't have to worry about whether or not it will start, I'm pretty satisfied. That being said, it is nice to have something that doesn't demand attention. I mean any attention. I'd rather not drive a rusted out rattle trap, but I don't want to drive an attention-grabbing sports car, either. I don't want to stand out. I tend to drive on the fast side and I don't need something flashy to make me a target for a speeding ticket.

But if there's one car from my past that I wouldn't mind having in pristine condition, I'd have to say I'd like an old Volvo like the one in the picture. My parents had a car similar to that when I was a child. For some reason I don't remember, it sat by our fence for awhile and didn't get driven. It was my favorite place to go read. I was uninterrupted, it was toasty warm no matter the season and the seats were really comfortable.

But as great as I think that car is, I guess my first choice, if I had discretionary income that allowed it, would be a 1969 Camaro RS with the black and white houndstooth interior. I know this goes against my unflashy rule above, but I wouldn't drive it. My husband would and he drives a lot slower than I do. Many years ago, he owned a car like this. It was in excellent condition and was worth a good chunk of money. He sold it to make a down payment on a house for us. It would be nice to be able to replace it for him.

Comments

missy said…
So nice that you'd buy your husband's dream car if you could! Maybe someday when they make "gifted" into a movie you'll have that discretionary income... :)

Other than my BMW phase in High School, I don't know that I ever had a dream car until I saw my first MINI Cooper in this country. I'd loved them on my mission in Scotland and they took me right back there. After that, a MINI became my "someday car" as in, someday I hoped to have one. I figured someday would come when our kids were grown and Jeff was retired. But then one day I saw a used MINI sitting on a lot in our little town. Long story short, now that MINI sits in my garage -- when I'm not cruising around with the top down that is. :)
Anonymous said…
Hey, are you sure you don't want a new Plymouth Arrow...blue...with holes in it where the bull had rammed it over and over...that took so much oil that you had to carry a case of it in the back seat just to get you from point A to point B? Come on now, where are your loyalties anyway? 0; LMH
Cindy C Bennett said…
If I had unlimited fuel access, I would love to drive a Lincoln Navigator (not very earth-friendly of me, I know).

If I were going for flash, I'd drive a Lamborghini, just because I like the cool way the doors open.

If it were the ultimate dream car that's completely impractical (unlike the previous two totally practical cars) I'd have to go with a mint/restored 1921 Model A Ford.