For Your Enjoyment

I love to read a good short story. It was one of my favorite parts of English and Literature classes. We'd have a big, bound book of classic short stories. It's how I became familiar with Edgar Allen Poe, O Henry, Ernest Hemingway and Rudyard Kipling.

In a matter of minutes you could enjoy an interesting story and the literary stylings of a great writer.

Several months ago my friend, Lance, found out his short story was being published. I'd had the opportunity to read it and loved it. The writing is top notch--the style is literary, the language is smart and the story is funny and entertaining.

I think it ranks right there with many of the short stories I read in my high school and college literature classes.

Take a look at "The Napoleon of Netheredge." I'll bet you'll enjoy it, too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing the story Lance wrote with us. We printed it off and read it. He does have a creative mind. but, then so do you. LMH
Scott / Lori said…
I am catching up on your blog....thanks for sharing this story, very clever! I felt like I was really there.