TOP TWENTY Words I DO NOT Like

For several months now, I've been compiling a list of ugly words. Here are the ugliest 20 words I could come up with, in no particular order.

MOIST (or MOISTEN)
SECRETE
URANUS
CORPUSCLE
SPORKLE
MORSEL
CHAFE
CHIGGER
PUKE
VOMIT
BARF
BLOG
FART
PUSS
BURGER
YAK
SNOT
GRIPE
PUG
GUNK

Aren't those awful?

And while I'm talking about unattractive words, let me just express my sympathy to Hud and Speck Mellencamp. What were their parents thinking?

What are some words you find ugly?

Comments

Melanie said…
This made me laugh! There are definitely some rather unpleasant sounding words there. :)

I dislike the word "slick" especially since my dad keeps using it to describe food. It sounds so slimy and gross, and shouldn't be used in connection with anything you eat. blegh! :P
missy said…
Lice. My kids aren't allowed to say it or I immediately start itching.
Jason said…
I love burgers. Especially moist ones.
Anonymous said…
The ugliest of words cannot be included here. They come out of mouths calloused by the overuse of rough speech emanating from a poverty of vocabulary. Some of them relate to bodily parts, others to bodily functions, and still others to bodily waste. I read a lesson on teaching children about the birds and the bees, and the lesson recommended using correct anatomical terms. UGLY words. I'd rather not.
Cindy C Bennett said…
Smirk, in the case of a novel. Unless it's being done by your antagonist, who is completely unlikeable. When I think - or read - of someone smirking, I'm immediately annoyed by them.

Just my own weird personal pet-peeve.

FYI - I agree with your list.