Unexpected Perks

If I were a more conscientious person, there would be a picture here of me with my lunch companions, but alas, I forget my camera way more often than I remember it, so sadly there isn't a picture.

I started this blog about two years ago. In the time that I've been writing it, I've come across other bloggers that I enjoy and admire. One has become a cyber friend. We keep up with and comment on each other's blogs and we occasionally email. Somehow we just kinda clicked and it was clear that we share some of the same philosophies about life and families.

Well, today was a treat. She's on a vacation with her family and graciously fit lunch with me into her schedule. She brought her sister-in-law with her and we enjoyed salmon tacos, a See's chocolate and an hour and a half of lively and fun conversation.

I'm not always comfortable meeting new people and being thrown into new social settings, but today was fun and now we're not just cyber friends, we're real friends that get together for lunch and can carry on a great conversation without any awkward lulls.

Thanks for including me in your itinerary, Missy. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and I hope it won't be the last time.

Comments

missy said…
Yay! I thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon and I'm so happy to have finally met you in person. I still wish we were neighbors, even more so now, but I'll take our long distance friendship and be grateful for the internet for bridging the gap!

Cheers!
Tanya said…
Karey, it was so fun to meet you today. I'm glad Missy brought me along. I just read through a couple of your old posts and you had me laughing. I look forward to reading your book:).
Leslie said…
that is great!
i have lots of blogging friends that i have never met, but who read my blog. someday i know i will meet some of them... it will be fun.