Oh, Jane Austen!

As a child, Jane Austen became ill with typhus and nearly died. Thank goodness she didn't or what would the world have done?

What would life be like without Pride and Prejudice or Emma or Persuasion?
What would we do without Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley or Mr. Knightley or Edmund Bertrum? 

Has any author inspired the imaginations of so many authors? Bookstores are loaded with spin-offs, copycats or tributes.

And now I'm one of them. I'm smack in the middle of writing a novel that would never have been imagined were it not for Jane Austen. So thank you to Jane and thank you to the movie maker who had Matthew Macfadyen walk across the meadow. 

It's so much fun to write when you're forced to watch clips from the movie over and over all in the name of research!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello, Blakney. Shall we stroll about the gardens? Yes, let's. How is your vocabulary this fortnight? Tremendous, care to have a listen? Let's have a listen as we stroll about the gardens.

Cucciolo
missy said…
Can't wait to hear more about your book! I'm a huge Jane Austen fan. :)
Anonymous said…
Cucciolo, you made me laugh right out loud. I recognized your
humor/sarcasm as soon as I started to read your comment. Could it be because I have heard it before? It is a fun memory.

I am a huge Jane Austin fan. I have read everything she has written. At least everything I could find. And I am a huge fan
of the movies made from her books.
True Classics! Favorite? Pride and Prejudice. And so i don't make myself look silly, I will stop right there. (-; LMH

Vern said…
I LOVE MR. DARCY! And I'm so excited for your new book!