2013 Word of the Year -- DELIBERATE

DELIBERATE:

Adjective 
1. carefully weighed or considered; studied; intentional.
2. characterized by deliberation; careful or slow in deciding.
3. leisurely and steady in movement or action; slow and even; unhurried.

Verb
1. to think carefully or attentively; reflect.

I love words with multiple meanings and nuance and this year's word qualifies as one of those words. 

I want to be a more deliberate person and I want to deliberate more about the things I do. I want my actions to be intentional and thoughtful and well-considered. While going with the flow is good and sometimes necessary, this year I want to make my actions count. I want to do things because I've given them careful consideration. I want my actions to be intentional, not governed by convenience or the path of least resistance.

So this year I will deliberate about what I do, how I spend my time, how I relate to my family and others and then my actions will be deliberate. I will do what I do because I meant to, not just because I happened to.

Comments

Mindy said…
Great word! Love it.
John said…
Awesome. I don't have one word but I sure have had sine thoughts swirling around in my head this last month. I know exactly where I need to focus. Yeah for new years!!! -tawnie