BOOK REVIEW - V is for Virgin

My Review of V is for Virgin.

I wasn't sure what to think when I heard about this book and to be honest, there were a few times during the reading that I wasn't sure what to think. A couple of things made me a little uncomfortable, but I realized I was uncomfortable in the same way I'd be if I were a fly on the wall of the locker room or a mom listening at the door of a girls' slumber party. There is just some talk that moms aren't comfortable hearing from a bunch of teenagers. We like to think sex isn't spoken of so freely and openly.

That being said, as I read the book, I found myself pulled into Valerie's world--a world where she had the courage to stand up for herself and what she wanted in spite of most of the world being against her. And in the end, her courage and example meant a lot to those around her.

The book has a very positive message and I really enjoyed the story. Kelly created a good role model in Valerie. I'd recommend this book for older teens and young adults (and moms who should know what their kids are facing).

Comments