The Ripple Effect Romance Series Begins - Home Matters by Julie N. Ford

Let me tell you a little bit about how this series came about. Before my first novel (Gifted) was published, I attended a writer's group that included Rachael Anderson. I knew who she was because my daughters and I had read her books. Little did I know that she hadn't attended the group for long and wouldn't attend it again after that first meeting I attended. I went three more times, hoping she'd be there again. Unfortunately, we never attended another of those meetings together. But it was enough to get acquainted and when she started another writer's group (that was equally short-lived), she invited me to attend.
 
None of these groups were meant to be, but luckily they were enough for a friendship to form. We've been bouncing ideas off each other, reading each other's work and helping each other for awhile now and I'm grateful we've become friends.
 
At a writer's conference last year, I met Kaylee Baldwin, another author I'd read and enjoyed. We hit it off and had a nice visit.
 
Rachael, Kaylee and I have the same goal in mind--to provide people with wholesome, fun, romantic romances that are free of graphic content. It was because of this goal that we decided to write this series. We knew we wanted it to be longer than three books, so we reached out to three other authors who also write clean romance. And that's how I ended up with the privilege of working with Julie Ford, Donna Weaver and Jennifer Griffith.
 
I am so excited about what we've come up with. I've read all of the books and I love them all. The first, Home Matters by Julie N. Ford comes out today. The others will be released every two weeks until all six are out. Julie really starts it out with a bang.
 
 
 

Home Matters by Julie N. Ford

According to her mother, Olivia Pembroke was born to be a star. But how is she supposed to be famous when she can't even get a decent acting gig? Her lucky break comes when she lands an audition for a wildly popular home improvement show. Even though she has no design training and has never held a power tool, she refuses to let that stop her. She's confident that her destiny is finally within reach.

When her affections are torn between her heartthrob co-host and the irritating, yet somehow endearing lead contractor, does she continue to reach for the stars? Or does she design a new happily ever after? One that leads not to the fading lights of fame and fortune, but to a love that will burn forever.

My Review:

I love Julie Ford's writing. I first learned of her when her book Countdown to Love  was nominated for a Whitney award. I thoroughly enjoyed that book. As she has before, Julie creates strong characters and a great storyline. I love a book where the main character grows and gets to know herself and Olivia certainly does. It's a fun book and a great way to start our series. Enjoy!

Comments