Review: Focused by Noelle Pikus-Pace

I'm a huge fan of the Olympics. If you want to know where I am during the two+ weeks of both the summer and the winter games, you'll most likely find me in front of the television watching whatever I can. During the winter games, you'll find me rabidly caring about biathlon, cross-country skiing, figure skating, ski jumping, snowboarding, curling, and yes, skeleton.

I was thrilled this last winter to discover that one of our leading skeleton athletes was a bright, happy woman who's practically my neighbor. I'd have been cheering for her no matter what, but that fact made me even more excited. And then I saw her YW medallion and I was even more excited.

Noelle Pikus Pace didn't let us down in any regard. I cried as she climbed into the stands to celebrate her accomplishment with her family.

This book reads part memoir, part inspirational speaker, and all heart. I loved it. Really, really loved it. Each chapter was made up of lessons she learned and it read like an exciting novel. I have to admit, I cried again as I read and experienced vicariously her disappointments, her insecurities, her courage, and her successes.

This is great reading for anyone, but if you've got a daughter, especially a teenage daughter, I'd absolutely recommend this book.

What a blessing it is to have good, solid, strong, courageous, REAL women to look up to.

Comments